Biodiversity of Mycotoxigenic fungi and aflatoxins in staple foods and by-products
Donna Morrison - Publications
Morrison, D., L. Chester, A.Coretta, N. Samuels, D. Ledoux (2016) The Determination of Aflatoxins in Paddy and Milled Fractions of Rice in Guyana: Preliminary Results. International Journal of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering 10: 725-729.
Morrison, D., D. Ledoux, L. Chester, A.Coretta, N. Samuels (2017) A Limited Survey of Aflatoxins in Poultry Feed and Feed Ingredients in Guyana. Veterinary Sciences 4: doi:10.3390/vetsci4040060
Morrison, D., D. Ledoux, L. Chester, A.Coretta, N. Samuels (2018) Occurrence of aflatoxins in rice and in cassava (Manihot esculenta) products (meal, bread) produced in Guyana. Mycotoxin Research DOI 10.1007/s12550-018-0332-3.
Microbial biodiversity of diabetic foot and knowledge, attitude and practices among diabetic foot patients in Guyana
Kurup Rajini - Publications
TOPIC: Microbial diversity of diabetic foot and knowledge, attitude and practices among diabetic foot patients in Guyana
1. Kurup, R., Ansari, A., Singh, J (2018). A review on diabetic foot challenges in Guyanese perspective. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews 13: 905-912. (ELSEVIER). DOI: 10.1016/j.dsx.2018.12.010
2. Kurup, R., Ansari, A., (2019). A study to identify bacteriological profile and other risk factors among diabetic and non-diabetic foot ulcer patients in a Guyanese hospital setting. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews: 13; 1871-1876. (ELSEVIER). DOI: 10.1016/j.dsx.2019.04.024
3. Kurup, R., Ansari, A., Kumar, S., Wilson, A., Rambaran, P. M (2018). Antimicrobial potential of Azardirachta indica (Neem) and Syzygium cumini (Jamun) seeds against microbial pathogens from diabetic foot. International Journal of Advances in Science, Engineering and Technology (IJASEAT)-IJASEAT 6(4): 61-64.
4. Kurup, R., Ansari, A., Singh, J (2019). Knowledge, attitude and practice regarding wound care among diabetic and non-diabetic foot ulcer patients at the public hospital, in Guyana, South America. The Diabetic Foot Journal – (UK Diabetes group) (accepted for September Issue)
Human ecological adaptation and landscape change as a result of climate changes along the Holocene Period in NorthWestern Guyana
Daggers Louisa - Publications
Daggers L., M. Plew, A. Edwards, S. Evans, and R.Trayler (2018) Assessing the Early Holocene Environment of Northwestern Guyana: An Isotopic Analysis of Human and Faunal Remains. Latin American Antiquity 1-14. doi:10.1017/laq.2017.87.
Evaluation of anti-diabetic activity of selected medicinal plants used in St. Cuthbert’s Mission (Pakuri)
Cecil Boston- Publications
Topic: Plants Species used for Treatment of Diabetes
1. Boston, C., Wong N. , Ganga T. , Chandradatt K., Rosales, J., Singh, J., & Kurup, R. (2019). Comparison and Effectiveness of Complementary and Alternative Medicine as against Conventional Medicine in the Treatment and Management of Type 2 Diabetes. Journal of Complementary and Alternative Medical Research, 7(2): 1-8. https://doi.org/10.9734/JOCAMR/2019/v7i230097
Boston, C., Rosales, J., Singh, J., & Kurup, R. (2019). Knowledge and Utilization of Traditional Medicine for Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus among Residents of Pakuri (St. Cuthbert’s Mission) in Guyana. Journal of Complementary and Alternative Medical Research, 7(3), 1-12. https://doi.org/10.9734/jocamr/2019/v7i330100
Microalgae biodiversity in Marine Coastal and Estuarine environments of Guyana
Cassava Biodiversity: Implications for Green Marketing, Climate Change and Sustainability in Guyana
Mining impacts, mercury and food web ecology in fishes of the Middle Mazaruni River Drainage, Guyana
MC ALLISTER KAYE
An assessment of the genetic Biodiversity of Sweet Potato (Ipomea batatas) in the Coastal Regions of Guyana
Podostemaceae Rheophyte Wetlands in Rapids and Waterfalls along River Corridors of Guyana: the effects of mining.
An analysis of the fragmentation driven by the Bauxite mining in the Demerara-Berbice river basins
Biological control agent (Trichoderma spp.) against disease of Sheath Blight (Rhizoctonia solani) in rice
Identification and genetic characterization of viruses of economic importance circulating in poultry in Guyana
Policies and Governance of Oil and Gas Sector in Guyana: Implications for Biodiversity in the Coastal Regions
Impact of Geomorphological and Climatic Controls on Mangrove Species Geographic Range along Guyana’s Seacoast
Long Term Impacts of Reduced Impact Logging (RIL) on Biodiversity in the Iwokrama Forest
Artificial intelligence models for explaining biocomplex interactions at different levels including human land uses-water quality -ecosystems services)
Survey, identification and genetics of entomopathogenic fungi from soils and insects from Corentyne Berbice Guyana.